INTERIOR SERVICES – 8 Step Process
There is no question that fresh coat of paint can make an enormous difference in a room, but proper preparation is essential.
Dwell painting has created a 8 step process to help you to follow painting process and what should be expected from a quality painting job.
- Step 1 Cleaning – All surfaces to be painted should be thoroughly cleaned and prepared. This step helps new paint to adhere to the existing surface, and removes harmful occident’s, pollutants and dirt.
- Step 2 Protect Property – All areas in your home or business including flooring, wallpaper, furnishings, etc. will be protected from start to finish by drop cloths or poly plastic.
- Step 4 Scraping and Priming – Loose paint will be scraped to sound surface. Smoothing may be necessary for maintenance and cosmetic consideration. Primer will be applied to all bare wood and repaired/stain damaged areas to assure proper adhesion of the new paint. The step helps to prevent future peeling and stain bleed-through.
- Step 5 Caulking – All cracks along door jams, baseboards, crown molding, etc. will be caulked.
- Step 6 Tape and Bed – All major wall cracks will be repaired by taping and bedding. All repaired dry wall areas will be matched to the existing finish.
- Step 7 Application – our craftsmen will be proficient in both fine spraying and brushing applications, depending upon project needs.
- Step 8 Protocol – Only top quality materials will be used. Work will be done in a neat and professional manner by skilled crafts people who are polite, friendly and work efficiently. Work area will be neat and presentable. All excess paint will be removed and the entire work area will be clean and tidy. Touch-up paint will be labeled and left for your future convenience.
EXTERIOR PAINTING AND WOOD REPAIR SERVICES – 7 Step Process
Investing in a quality exterior paint job can mean the difference between painting every few years or a paint job that will far out last an inferior one. The following points separate Dwell Painting from our competitors and should be expected from a quality painting job:
- Step 1 Pressure wash – All surfaces to be painted will be thoroughly pressure-washed and cleaned. This step helps new paint to adhere to the existing surface, and removes pollutants and dirt. Mildew will be treated and killed.
- Step 2 Protect Property – All areas around the home, including shrubs, landscaping, etc. will be protected from start to finish by drop cloths and or 6 mm poly plastic. Windows, brick and light fixtures will be masked off to prevent paint from damaging these areas.
- Step 3 Scraping Priming – Loose paint will be manually scraped to sound surface. Smoothing may be necessary for maintenance or cosmetic consideration. Primer will be applied to all bare wood and metal to assure proper adhesions of new paint. This step helps further peeling.
- Step 4 Wood Repair – Dry rotted, broken, or otherwise weather damaged wood trim will be identified during our visual inspection of your home. Required repairs will be noted on your exterior proposal and brought to your attention. Top quality spruce, cedar, or other required repair material will be installed for your repairs. Other repair methods may be employed by our workers depending on the solution required for each home.
- Step 5 Caulking Waterproofing – Loose caulking will be removed and replaced. Open gaps will be filled with new caulking to prevent rain water from penetrating below the surface. Loose nail holes will be re-set and re-puttied as necessary. Loose and/or missing window glazing will be replaced.
- Step 6 Application – Only top quality materials will be used. Application will consist of either (1) fine spraying or (2) brushing or (3) a combination of both, as agreed upon before starting the job.
- Step 7 Protocol – Work area will be kept neat and the job conducted in a professional manner by skilled crafts people who are polite, friendly and work efficiently. Excess paint will be removed from windows. Touch-up paint will be labeled and left for your future convenience.